Facilities and photos
Hotel Stavris - Hotel facilities and photos.
Hotel Stavris is a family run hotel with rooms, studios and apartments, direct sea view and very close to the beach. Hotel Stavris is famous for its hospitality since 1969.
Grandfather Stavros had started a small café there in 1962, called "I Synántisi", The Meeting. In one corner he had a shoe repair shop, in the other a mini market. In 1969 he started to build 3 guestrooms on top of his café. Several expansions and renovations later, Hotel Stavris is now welcoming guests for 50 years in 2019.
Rooms, studios & apartments
- We have 32 rooms of Cat. A for rent, 20 in the big building (completely refurbished and renovated in 2008) and 12 in the small building (refurbished in 2015), which is only 15 metres across the square
- All rooms come with private shower and toilet, twin beds, double bed or single beds. We offer single rooms, double rooms for two people, or up to three people in our triple rooms. On request we can put a small bed extra for a small child up to 4 years old
- Six 1-room studios have also a kitchenette and refrigerator
- There are 2 apartments, consisting of 2 bedrooms each, with a kitchenette and refrigerator, suitable for up to 4 people together
- All rooms have air conditioning and a refrigerator (included in the price), a private safe for your valuable belongings, and a hair dryer. Most rooms have a free private ADSL internet connection through Ethernet, and all have free wireless internet (Wifi)
- The rooms are cleaned every day. Sheets, blankets, bathroom towels (2 per person), hand soap and toilet paper are included
- All rooms have a private balcony with table and chairs, with excellent view, most of them with direct view to the sea
- We have a nice lounge, with PC and internet, so you can briefly check your email. The rooms have ethernet DSL internet connection (free), and there is a free Wifi connection to internet available to our guests
- Outside we have a beautiful terrace, where you can sit in the shadow of a very old tamarisk tree, where we serve breakfast and drinks. You can have breakfast à la carte, or pre-order a standard breakfast together with your room reservation
- Behind the hotel is enough free parking space available for your car
- The village beach (Vrisi Beach: sweet water wells from the mountains mix with the very clear sea water) is just 70 metres behind the hotel. Just 15 minutes walking down the road to the west you find another beach: Ilingas, at the end of the Ilingas gorge. Also Sweetwater Beach and Filaki Beach are near
- From the square in front of the hotel you can start several different mountain hikes, which all end again at the hotel. The small harbour with the ferries is just 40 metres from the hotel, the ferry pier just a small 200 metres trip. The bus square is 150 metres, with a post office, pharmacy, Sfakia Tours hire cars and shops and 2 supermarkets. The village has also a bakery, a meat and cheese shop, a hair dresser and 2 kiosks
- Along the harbour and beach you find a choice of restaurants and tavernas, offering the famous Cretan dishes and also international or fusion cuisine
- If you like we can give you advice for your walking trips or other excursions. Hospitality is our specialty since 1969, and we welcome hundreds of our guests who keep coming back for all these years
- We can arrange a taxi transfer for you, or deliver a hire car on your arrival on Crete
Hotel Stavris photo impressions. Click photos to see larger version